Monday, September 28, 2009

Today...

Ha ha! You said that you wanted me to blog more often, and for some reason you are reading it! You think I am going to talk about farming, but no, today's post is about the weather...
Really, in modern life most of us do not think about the weather often. Maybe if you are a construction worker or have a kid's soccer game or a weekend festival, but most of us never think about it. Well, I, and all farmers, do.

This morning I woke up to lightning and heavy rain. When I got in my car they started talking about heavy wind. I LOVE thunderstorms, but hate wind. Honestly, it scares me, and a little voice deep inside whispers scary things when heavy wind is around. When I was a little girl we lived in Hawaii and a tree fell down in a storm very close to me (in my memory just feet from me,) that fear has been with me my entire life.
But in any case, I think this morning's weather was punishment for me talking about summer yesterday! Yes, I know it is officially fall. I know there is a possibility of frost, already, on the long term forecast (Oct 10th).
I am thinking a lot about weather, this season has gone SO fast. Already I have people contacting us about next season, and I am still hopeing taht my garden will grow for anouther 3-4 weeks...
So is this a post about weather, farming, or are they basically the same?

No comments: