Tuesday, July 21, 2009

H.R. 2749 - The new fight...

My husband asked me the other day, again, "Did you ever think you would be a radical?"

Me? A radical, no... I am as centrist as they come. Right and wrong, not left and right. And I am sorry, small businesses are at heart of this nations foundations, and small farms at the begining and center of those. Small farms operate, for the most part, on razor thin margins if they manage to make a profit at all, additional regulation and requirments will put burdens on them that most of them will not be able to survive. I think that is a pretty centrist view... Not everyone agrees with me, however.

If you agree with me and want to support your right to eat produce from small farms, fruit from u-pick operations, and small scale grass fed livestock it may be time to speak up. This time against HR 2749 which has passed committee and is on it's way to the house floor for a vote (although it has not yet been scheduled for one.)

You can read the text of the bill here... I will be going over the text in detail in the next couple days to get a real handle on what it says (reading a bill, what a concept?) I will post about it more, but from what I am seeing this is being pushed through fast, so if you want to act, don't wait. This bill is moving at an unusally fast rate...

It got a number on June 10, went to committee on June 17, passed instantly, and is headed for a vote on the floor of the House... Which makes me think that this is the one they wanted all along. And several orgnizations which had no stand on HR 875 have very strong opinions aganist this one...

Watch out...

No comments: