Friday, December 14, 2007

Dreaming of a white Christmas!

I am so far behind on all my Christmas stuff! Shopping and baking have barley started.

Part of the problem is we have no snow! When my mom moved up here I warned her how much heavier winters here are compared to where they were, and they usually are! But this year, so far, next to nothing.

A little snow on Thanksgiving, furriers a couple times, a couple snow covered days, a little ice yesterday, but mostly tons of days above freezing!
Where is our North east Ohio winter? Where is the snow and freezing temperatures.
My husband was talking to a lady the other day who said that winters used to be cold enough that they would hang all their winter meat (that they butchered on the farm) in the smoke house and it would be fine there all winter! Not this winter. Or last either, to speak of it. I wonder what could possibly be causing that?
But in the mean time, if anyone wants my cookies, it better start snowing! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (and the weather forecast does not look promising.)

No comments: