Friday, July 11, 2008

Weird dream...


I know that other people's dreams are boring, but I had a very strange one last night, so here it is...

I was a chef in London. I was reading the paper and found a review of my food in the newspaper. Although the review was less then 100% complementary I was very happy it was there, but it was all wrinkled, so I pinned it to a board to flatten out.

Later (after many strange dream events that make me wonder about my sanity) I was walking around London with Gordon Ramsey. Fearing his rebuke yet desperately wanting his praise I showed him my review. To which he responded "At least it's flat!"

"At least it's flat..." A methophor for my life perhaps?

(My recent blog posts are perhaps emboldened by the fact that so many people seem to be reading it, it must not be THAT boring... Please comment if I am wrong!)

3 comments:

Scott said...

Not boring. Interesting. I'm a local, just a little north of you and enjoy reading, so keep posting.

LKing said...

This made me crack up! I'm addicted to Hell's Kitchen and it isn't a show without Gordon. Love it!
LKing

Anonymous said...

I think Gordon Ramsey and the wrinkled review represent your inner critic, who is trying *very hard* to keep you from being all that you're meant to be. Fortunately, as evidenced by the fact that the review was partially complementary, your attempts to straighten out the wrinkles, and your presence in London (which represents a healthy willingness to expand your comfort zone), you're ignoring that inner critic and proceeding anyway (as I've always known you to do!).